The Top 5 Reasons You Are Failing at Living a Healthier Lifestyle, Why Your Fitness Goals Remain a Dream and How to Achieve Real Results
There are so many reasons to live a healthier lifestyle. One of the many benefits that can result from eating right and having a daily fitness routine is experiencing an overall sense of well-being and feeling your best. But if you're like many people who have tried weight-loss programs, fad diets and trendy "exercise programs" that simply didn’t work, maybe you've been left feeling severely disappointed. And of course, you have the accompanying sense of reluctance that creeps in when considering trying again, because of past failures. Or maybe you just don’t know how or where to start. I’m here to tell you that it’s normal to feel overwhelmed or even disappointment to try “a new healthy lifestyle thing.” *An important note, you should always consult with your doctor or physician, as I cannot diagnose or treat any medical conditions. I’m sharing my knowledge with you from my own personal experiences in the health, wellness and fitness industry. Make sure you are healthy and your doctor gives you the go-ahead before changing up your diet and/or exercise routine.
I’ve helped so many people meet their weight-loss goals and get real results, even if they’ve failed in the past or haven’t been successful at sustaining a healthy lifestyle. I’m not the type of person who dwells on past failures, but it’s important to look at the possible reasons why you weren’t successful with a pursuit. Goal setting is great and commendable, but putting a plan in motion and sticking to it is where the rubber meets the road.
If this is you, I’m here to tell you it’s OK to start fresh and try again. If this is your first attempt to educate yourself and learn how to eat right and find an effective fitness routine, great!
I want to take a moment to share with you five of the most common reasons people fail to achieve their healthy lifestyle goals:
- ANALYSIS PARALYSIS or deer-in-the-headlights syndrome. You want to live a healthy lifestyle. You don’t know where to start and there is so much information out there that you feel overwhelmed by it all and can’t make a decision on what’s right or wrong or what will work for you. Figuring out what to eat and how to workout leaves you feeling alienated and discouraged. Here’s the solution, you need to determine what you need and what’s right for you. I invite you to take the quiz so you see where you fit in and I can provide the appropriate plan to help you achieve success and get results.
- NO SUPPORT SYSTEM. Maybe you’ve taken the first steps to live a healthier lifestyle. You’re eating right, working out and did well for a while but couldn’t sustain it because you got smacked with a dose of self-doubt or bombarded by a negative comment from someone whose opinion you didn’t ask for. Maybe you had a setback of some kind and just couldn’t get back into the groove. A lack of support, not having a strong system or being a part of a supportive caring team who shares your goals can be the downfall to sustaining a healthy lifestyle. The solution is simple, if you are looking for support in achieving your goals, join my #doit2loseitnow team.
- TIME, MONEY & EXCUSES. The sooner you come to grips with the reality of your excuses the better. If you are truly committed to your health and wellness you will make the time available to work out. You can get in a good workout in under 15 minutes. Get up 20 minutes earlier, drink a glass of water and put in the workout. And no, you don’t even need to join a gym to workout. There are tons of great FREE bodyweight exercises out there to get toned and fit. I have even included some gender neutral bodyweight workouts in my fitness plan. Even if you struggle with finances, eating right can be done on a budget. Guess what? When you eat properly and provide your body with adequate nutrition a lot of those cravings and desires to binge on not-so-healthy food begins to dissipate. The key to success is recognizing your limiting beliefs and excuses, letting them go and giving power to your new commitments.
- WORKING OUT BUT NOT EXPERIENCING RESULTS. Science states that exercise alone isn’t enough. You might be working out, but if you aren’t eating properly to balance your caloric intake, you could end up gaining weight. This is a very common problem and often leads to people feeling resigned or quitting an active lifestyle altogether. Another issue is facing unrealistic expectations. Just because you constantly see 6 pack abs or a shredded body on Instagram doesn’t mean YOU have to look this way-unless it is YOUR personal GOAL. Be yourself and don’t get discouraged because you don’t look like so-and-so. There’s no competition except who’s looking back in the mirror at you. What’s missing here is a lack of education about eating right, working out effectively and consistently. Learning the balance of eating right and putting in a proper workout are the keys to achieving real results and creating a sustainable healthy lifestyle.
- MAKING A CONSISTENT COMMITMENT. Whether it’s fear that keeps you from a commitment to your health goals or a wavering inability to be consistent, these are traits you need to look at and take down head on. Chances are consistency and commitment are topics that spill over into all aspects of your life and decision making. In regards to fitness and nutrition, the best strategy is to put a plan in place and stick to it. Sticking to plan creates repetition and that becomes a healthy habit. Be consistent. Make a commitment. If you don’t know how to put a plan in place and need support to be kept accountable, take the quiz and we’ll get you set up.
"Yeah Coach Ro, I hear you and I want to eat right and live a healthy lifestyle but I still don't know how." If this is you, first of all, thanks for checking out my blog, you could be doing a million other things, but here you are looking for ways to improve yourself. You're not alone, I have a few options available that could provide a solution and help get you on the right path.
The first step is to take the quiz and we’ll assess where you are in your journey and provide the best step-by-step plan with options to guide you to success, get real results and achieve your goals.
*This article is not intended to substitute for informed medical advice. You should not use this information to diagnose or treat a health problem or condition. Always check with your doctor before changing your diet, altering your sleep habits, taking supplements, or starting a new fitness routine.